(This sample by Professional-Resumes.com)
123 Castle St • Boston, MA 01234 • (123) 456-7980 • email@example.com
Talented and award-winning Management professional with strong background in retail operations, merchandising, sales, and human resources. Proven ability to direct business operations for multi-million dollar retail locations. Expertise in hiring, training, and supervising personnel. Adept at developing and implementing effective policies and procedures. Consistent record of meeting or exceeding all goals for profitability, revenue, and shrinkage. Highly familiar with budget management, scheduling, payroll, and inventory control. Excellent reporting and communication skills.
Sales Manager, Kennedy Inc., Boston, MA 19xx – Present
- Oversaw daily business and sales operations for multi-million dollar retail location. Promoted through several locations, supervising staff of up to 60.
- Held several positions during tenure, including Operations Manager, Merchandise Manager, Corporate Operations Manager, and Warehouse Manager.
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales analysis reports, work with senior management to identify new sales opportunities, and ensure compliance with all corporate programs.
- Manage payroll, scheduling, and customer service. Hire, train, and supervise employees. Maintain personnel files in accordance with federal, state, and company regulations.
- Prepare merchandising and operational reports, carry out financial audits, and supervise inventory control and merchandising functions.
- Improved revenue at several locations by facilitating implementation of local employee purchase programs, resulting in increased customer volume.
- Played major role in establishment of Sony store-within-a-store test location for Raleigh location that led to 22% increase in sales of Sony products.
- Carried out four major store remodels, completing all projects ahead of schedule and under budget. Improved merchandising to enhance customer experience and increase sales.
- Led Birmingham location to first positive sales month over previous year in past two years.
- Reduced shrinkage at Charlotte location from 0.75% to 0.24%.
- Ranked Number One in Warrantee Service Sales vs. Total Sales.
- In 2001, maintained store sales and profitability levels during economic downturn following 9/11.
- Recognized as Manager of the Month more than six times, and Top Performer in monthly sales over previous year on several occasions.
Assistant Restaurant Manager, Kennedy Bakery, Springfield, MA 19xx – 19xx
- Directed daily operations, including opening, purchasing, inventory control, and customer service.
- Supervised staff of 15 and carried out hiring and training.
- Recognized for maintaining consistently superior level of customer satisfaction.
Warehouse Manager, Kennedy Wards, Boston, MA 19xx
- Coordinated receipt and storage of incoming goods as well as movement to showroom floor, and delivery to customers. Supervised and trained staff.
- Maintained 100% incident-free safety environment and ensured compliance with all regulations.
Machinist’s Mate, United States Navy, Boston, MA (19xx – 19xx)
Course work in Business Administration and Economics, Northern Virginia Community College Training in Sales and Management
MS Office, PowerPoint, Works, Lotus Notes, JDA, SAP, Cascade Management, Internet